Jáchymov museum is housed in a historic building of mint facility from the first half of the 16th century. Shall you visit the museum, pay attention not only to the exposition but also to this beautiful renaissance building. Museum Jáchymov is located above the local town hall, near the Church of St. Joachim. Nearby you can also find other historically valuable buildings. More about Jáchymov »
Exposition of Museum Jáchymov
In the museum, you will learn about the rich history of Jáchymov from the times of the heyday of silver mining, over the beginnings of radon baths and communist oppression of political prisoners forced to work in local mines up to the modern history of the city.
Among the exhibits of the museum, you will find:
- Samples of the mineral wealth of the Ore Mountains
- Demonstration of silver mining with movable mining model
- Historical books from Latin School from authors Georgius Agricola, Johann Mathesius or Nickle Hermann
- Example of a historical balneology surgery room
- Exhibits relating to labour camps after 1950 by the Jáchymov mines
- and more
The tour of the museum includes a tour of the extensive underground complex under the mint facility. Part of the cellar is arranged as a lapidarium.
The tour in Museum Jáchymov lasts about 90 minutes. The guided tours in German are provided to groups of minimum 10 members. There is also a short guidebook in English and Russian available.
|February–April||Wednesday–Sunday||9:00–12:00 and 13:00–17:00|
|May–September||Tuesday–Sunday||9:00–12:00 and 13:00–17:00|
|October–December||Wednesday–Sunday||9:00–12:00 and 13:00–17:00|
- adults 60 Kč
- children, reduced price 30 Kč